(un)Occupy Albuquerque protesters will ride Albuquerque city bus lines across town EVERY TUESDAY from 3:30-5:30 pm in an effort to listen to the concerns coming from different neighborhoods and to spread information about the movement to different parts of town. Meet at 3:30 at the southeast corner of Central and 1st Ave. (Alvarado Transit Center) to rally, pick up flyers and plan routes.
In this culture we are taught to walk around in a bubble. We are not taught to talk with our neighbors, our families, with strangers on the streets about the problems within our society and economy,” said one member of the movement. “Participants in the bus action will take a step to undo the alienation created by the dominant capitalist culture. We will go out in our community engaging in an exercise in Popular and Participatory Democracy.”
- Listen to the immediate needs and concerns of the 99%
- Engage in positive dialogue with community members on why the (un)Occupy movement is now underway and what we will achieve.
- Bring ideas from those dialogues back to working groups and the General Assembly in order to move forward on concrete actions and demands based on our conversations with the people of Albuquerque.
- Invite more members of the 99% to participate in the teach-ins, marches, actions and assembly’s of the (un)occupy Albuquerque movement.
- Build a strong base of community support for the movement and all future actions.
- Grow in solidarity with labor unions and workers