GA Notes – Monday, November 14, 2011
Facilitator: Santhosh and Carolina, Stacker: James? (I’m sorry), Note Taker: Lila
• No New Faces
• Barbara- Working on scoping out other places to meet inside within the community
• Will be facilitation a GA workshop at Saw Mills Community Center.
• Aurelia- GA Day Changes (SUN, MON, THURS, FRI) working groups and teach-ins are encouraged to happed the other available days
• Howard will be setting up the kitchen on 12pm on Friday if anyone wants to volunteer
• Carolina- Bus Action Conversations meet Tuesday, November 15, 2011 at 3:30 Alvarado Transportation Center
• Sebastian- Youth GA Sunday, November 20, 2011 at 12:30 Yale Park
• Kate- Lakota Coat Drive 5-7pm at the Guava Tree Thursday, November 17, 2011
• Yale North of Lead in solidarity of a high school student organizing the action
• Laura- Is starting a petition for “A New Society” she will bring updates as it progresses
• Henry- Medic Team Supplies, and he will be in Denver November 19th for a few days
He also needs to pick up medical supplies from Howard (730 la Font)
• Derek- ALEC Protests in Phoenix, AZ November 30- December 3rd
• Desi-Table Inside the lower level of the SUB available for information booth Mon and Wed from 12-2pm. The upstairs NE corner of the SUB is also available for GA’s, Teach-ins, working groups etc from 5-Close every day.
Working Group Updates
• Chile- Final flyers are available to pass out
• CNM/UNM Faculty/Students- Creating a comprehensive list of readings, power points and other informative resources regarding OWS Movement for future Teach-ins
• Foreclosures- Working on Nov 22nd action. Will be meeting in the cafeteria area of the El MESQUITE MARKET Wednesday, November 16th at 5pm
Proposals (ALL CONSENSED UPON):
• $250 of the Bail Bond Fund will be donated on behalf of Loren Jim. Ilse will sign his bond by latest November 15th 2011.
• Proposal made to plan an action for Loren’s court date, January 19, 2012 in solidarity
Moving GA’s inside ONLY when the weather is unbearable (such as rain, snow, or freezing temperatures)
• We stay in Yale Park to concrete our presence
• Bring Blankets and other items to keep each other warm during meetings
La Plazita Action at 831 Isleta Blv SW 87105 Tuesday, November 15, 2011 at 6pm
• Asking for non-perishable foods, warm clothes, and natural healing medicines.
• At 5pm, there is a group marching down from Bridge and Isleta to La Plazita (6blcks)in solidarity for the 100+ people living under bridges.
• Howard will be donating food from our stock
• Lila is collecting donations at the info booth all day, which her and Thomas will deliver
• Those attending the Bus Conversation will be taking the #54 Isleta Bus to the event
• Encouraged to car pool
Action Planned for Thursday, November 17, 2011
• We will be joining AFCLO and MoveOn for a National Movement in Solidarity
• 3pm at Paseo Del Norte and I25
• The Action Group meeting Tuesday, November 15, 2011 at 6pm in Yale Park will discuss transportation details and making signs! Please join us!
Action Planned for November 22, 2011
• Foreclosed Homes being auctioned off at the Court House at 10am, 4th St. and Lomas
• We will hold our own street theatre Auction simultaneously, auctioning off Dreams
• March down to a foreclosed home in Solidarity with those who lost their homes
• Details and ideas will be discussed at the El MESQUITE MARKET Wednesday, November 16th at 5pm
WE ARE THE 99%!!!!