General Assembly Notes – November 18, 2011
Facilitator: Jason; Stacker: James and Kate; Note Taker: Lila
One new face! His name is Eric!
• Howard Blackey is in the hospital for stomach complications. Presbyterian Rm. #707, visiting hours are 8-7.
• Summer- Anti- Capitalist Discussion Group at 4-7pm at Yale Park Saturday.
• Camilo- Saw Mill Lofts General Assembly. Detailed update saved for GA on Sunday. But expressed his positive experience from going out into the community and engaging those whom are supportive but can’t make it to the UNM Campus.
• Kate- Youth GA Sunday @1230 Yale Campus. Runs simultaneously so they have a primary perspective to understand the consensus process.
• Lila- Unfrastructure Rally Update: was a great way to combine organizations and bring awareness to different parts of the city. A large number of people support the movement but are hesitant towards getting involved.
Working Group Reports:
• Chile- Will need AM Volunteers to pass out flyers and sign NO-GMO Chile petitions at the Rail Runner with Cynthia on Dec 3rd action.
• CNM/UNM Faculty/Students- Creating a comprehensive list of readings, power points and other informative resources regarding OWS Movement for future Teach-ins
• Foreclosures- Meeting at Peace and Justice on Sunday 4-6pm to make props and practice dance for Nov. 22nd Auction Action.
Proposals (ALL CONsENSED UPON) :D
• NOBB HILL SHOP and STROLL Action
Camilo started a working group to create an action that involves groups of 99%ers making a presence at the December 1st Nob Hill Shop and Stroll event. They block off parts of central for this event, and promoting local businesses will benefit our message in this movement. The working group will meet Sunday immediately after the GA.
• ANTI-EVICTION Actions
Were addressed and directed to the Foreclosure group whom has been working with United South Broadway Corporation regarding actions. Preventing Foreclosures can be a strength in this movement when we can work together to make change happen immediately.
• Recommendations for research include: 6th Flr of County Bldg holds Public Records for lease Pendants. The Second Judicial Court website can also be helpful.
• MEDIA CLARITY
David Lish created a Public Service Announcement working group to help spread our message through positive means of media. He will ask for volunteers to interview that will also include City Officials, senators, etc. to be a part of the project. His idea is having individuals stating their name, what they do, and that they are the 99%. Simple but powerful.
• Sisco created a Media Liaison Working Group to bridge media coverage of our local groups and how we are affected by them.
These all will be announced and updated for Sunday’s General Assembly.
WE ARE THE 99%!!!!